This course equips RNs with a broad array of clinical knowledge, skills, and competencies that are essential for quality gerontological nursing practice. Most importantly, AHCA/NCAL Gero Nurse Prep equips RNs with the knowledge and skills to pass the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) certification exam in gerontological nursing. The course also provides test-taking strategies and practice test opportunities to assure success on the certification exam. Specific features include:
- User-friendly, learner-centered, interactive, easy to navigate, web-based format that may be completed anytime, anywhere.
- Regular self-testing: post-tests in each module that allow nurses to assess their current knowledge status plus new learning progress and mastery.
- Final "practice" certification exam that mirrors the actual certification exam, allowing nurses to be fully prepared and confident as they take the test. 12-month course access - review as many times as necessary for success.
- Provides a certificate of completion for 30 contact hours once all course requirements are fulfilled and the practice certification exam is successfully completed.
- Includes a regular communication system with each student to assess and monitor involvement and encourage completion of the learning activities. Completed application to ANCC for Certification Exam in Gerontological Nursing is a requirement for completion of AHCA/NCAL Gero Nurse Prep.
- AHCA/NCAL Gero Nurse Prep contains 10 free-standing educational modules, complete with content, multiple learning activities, readings to assure content mastery plus numerous gerontological nursing resources.